Sunday, December 11, 2016

"If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down..."

I was talking with someone last night, and although she was fairly intoxicated, she made a really valid point that stuck with me.  It was too the effect of sometimes we need to chronicle our thoughts and experiences as an outlet, especially for those of us who have difficulty in social situations.  I know that the two of sort of struggle in those situations.  I can't speak for her directly, but I'm horrid. 

The intention for this is as a creative outlet for me.  If someone else reads this and it elicits some emotion, that is just a second order effect.  Because of the nature of my work, I'll probably take some creative license with the details. Whether it be a pseudonym or some other means to be indirect, I'm not trying to make this an expose.  I doubt there will be anything criminal published here, but there may be things that come out and due to the nature of my work, I'd like to stay as anonymous as possible.

I don't want to set the expectations too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment